Saturday, July 05, 2008

Tired, uninspired, frustrated


Tired of nursing my toddler.

Uninspired to finish a painting that needs to get done asap.

Frustrated, waiting to hear whether or not we will get the house we have an offer on.

I'm thinking my head may explode.

I cant sit down because Scarlet wants to nurse 24/7 and I'm so drained (physically and mentally) from it I feel like I want to cry. I love her, and I don't mind nursing, but this is getting ridiculous. I know it's a stage and that someday I'll miss this, but right now, it's exhausting.

I am in the middle of yet another commissioned painting and I am in total deadlock. I can't seem to get going on it at all. And it should be easy! I feel absolutely terrible about it- the mama is patiently waiting. I need to get going on it.

And lastly, this house thing. It was supposed to take several months- and thats what we prepared ourselves for. But then, we heard back very quickly. Since this is a short sale, we are depending on the sellers lenders to agree to the sale. We heard from the main lender almost immediatly- a rare occurance and a huge blessing. Then the second lender responded with a counter offer which we agreed to- they accepted, but then came back and asked for more money. This was unethical, so we said no- and we are waiting to hear from them. They'd be idiots to say no- and they already contacted the title company to set up the sale. But we still need that formal yes. And we are dying in the meantime.

So, we wait. And I nurse this baby that I love (I mean, look at that face!). I stare at a half finished painting, brainlessly. And I wait for the phone to ring. Somethings got to give.

No comments: