Sunday, June 29, 2008

Random sappiness.

From hormonal social distress to post hormonal romantiscism? This is one crazy blog.

I just clicked on something and heard a sappy sappy country song, and something in clicked.

(no I havent decided I like country- thats NOT what clicked, fyi)

I am so, so lucky. I mean out of this world lucky to be so in love with the person I married. We've been married over 10 years now and I cannot believe how I seen to like him more and more as he ages and changes.

I still feel sad when he's out of town and can't wait for him to be home. And I still buy clothes with the thought that he will think I look good in them.

I guess I'm goofy.

We've spent the whole weekend very busy and I feel like I haven't seen him enough and I just want him home (he's currently playing bass at church).

Why didn't I end up with a boring marriage like everyone else with all the baggage and the regrets? Who WAS I in my last life? To quote Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat Pray Love (in reference to someone she felt was very lucky) "She must have saved alot of orphans in her last life"

Maybe. I am very, very blessed in this life for sure, despite my many shortcomings. Why would I possibly be allowed this, AND coffee? :)

2 comments:

Flo said...

happy belated b-day. i am an awful friend.

so happy that you're so happy!

Carolyn said...

you ARE!!! lol....seriously- I didn;t even think about it at all! Hope you are doing well ;)