Monday, June 02, 2008

Big girls get the job done


And I'm a big girl now.

I had to take a stand on something today in regards to Wyatts school- a bit of a situation where I sort of had to rat someone out for the sake of the school. It was so hard. I almost wanted to fudge a little and pretend I was made to call or something. But I can't do that anymore. I've got to see things and make calls because I'm the adult now.

Very strange to have to have an opinion of your own. I know that sounds just really stupid, but I realized I still don't feel like I'm big enough to have my own opinions yet. At 30!!! Come on!! I'm too old to ask someone else whether I should go to the grocery store or not.

So, I'm starting small. Starting with my vote, my choices of decor. And venturing into school stuff.

Who knows, maybe next I'll decide the fate of mankind!! Ok, well, maybe I'll never be big enough for that.

But I'm a big girl now. Time to let MY yes be yes and MY no be no.

1 comment:

Flo said...

You GO GIRL! (head swaying)