Thursday, June 12, 2008

A world without food

A more interesting person might post about world hunger. But no, I'm posting about wnating to be free of thinking about food. Yes- once again placing myself in front of ththe whole world. But this is a blog, right? Do I have to be inspirational? Or can I just play to the readers voyeuristic nature? :)

Anyway, I am realizing this morning I woke up early- actually DID my Yoga for the first time in months, and I'm not hungry.

Not to say I wont BE hungry soon, but usually food is my motivationfor waking. No, not the fresh new day, not obligation to get things done. Food. A warm piece of toast. A cold bowl of cereal with cranberries on top. A coconut smoothie!!!

And generally, I go to bed just to stop myself from eating more with the consolation that breakfast is just a snooze away. Then, I get coffee- and that can hold me off until lunch. And lunch usually ends up being snacks until dinner.

So basically I'm like a dog following people around looking for my next morsel. Which is probably why I get so pissed at Strider when he follows me around trying to eat or lick everything in sight. I tend to be most annoyed by things I see in myself. I often say- "Strider- you've eaten, now please go LIVE"

Again, I should take my own advice.

What would I be thinking about if I weren't pondering something tasty? Maybe THEN I could tackle WORLD hunger instead of my own.

No comments: